[3830] ARRLDX CW KU8E SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 17 19:35:17 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 27:13

Total: 1040   343  Total Score = 1,070,160

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Great conditions this weekend. I was amazed how well I could run - especially on
80/40 and 15 meters, running a 100 watts and simple wire antennas. 160 was the
best I have heard in a while. 9A1A was a solid 20 DB over S9 on Sunday morning.
Also worked SV3RF for a new one (on 160).

 I should have taken Friday off of work to rest up so I could have done a FT
effort. I bet the serious SOAB LP guys - N1UR, N5AW, N8AA etc... had some big
scores.

IC-756PRO2 - 100 watts

160 - Inverted L with 4 elevated radials
80/40/15 - 130 ft center fed zepp @ 50 ft
40 - SE/NW dipole @ 40 feet
20 - Dipole @ 40 feet
10 - Vertical full wave loop.

Skimmer and packet sure has messed up things. A bunch of stations don't send
their calls for a long time. That sucks when you are unassisted.

Jeff KU8E