[3830] ARRLDX CW VE4VT SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 17 20:34:39 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:

Total:  669   327  Total Score = 656,289

A casual S&P effort. Looking forward to the SSB test in a couple weeks and
thinking how much easier the CW event is. Lots of room, no QRM.

15m was the money band this weekend. Eu on 20m was subject to lots of Au
flutter. 10m was just plain weird. Stations south of Spain could be worked on
the direct path while eastern and norther Europe was workable by beaming the
Caribbean, 90 degree offset. I had to go outside and check that my antenna was
facing the correct direction when I first saw it. Some kind of backscatter I
guess.

80m was very noisy as was 160m. For those stations that tried to QSY to 160 I
gave it my best shot. Just too much noise and too little antenna.

See everyone in a couple weeks for ARRL DX SSB.

Ed VE4EAR/VE4VT