[3830] ARRLDX CW WQ6X SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 17 20:56:37 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: WQ6X

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Concord Ca.

  160:    0     0
Total:  211    98  Total Score = 62,034

This is another WQ6X ad-hoc portable setup from Concord Ca. (East Bay section).
Operation was made possible using the Yaesu FT-900 transceiver into a
ground-mounted Butternut HF2-V vertical sporting a bunch of tuned radial wires.
 Local interference kept me off 160 meters this year so I spent more time on 80
meters to compensate.  I was amazed at the large number of 500w and Kilowatt
stations this year.  Look for me as part of the team at NX6T for the 2013 phone
event.