[3830] ARRLDX CW NE7D SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 17 21:59:31 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NE7D
Operator(s): NE7D
Station: NE7D

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Salem, OR

  160:    9     7
Total:  776   238  Total Score = 554,064

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I put in some serious time Friday evening and night -- condx were great and had
a wonderful hour running a non-stop flow of AS stations early Saturday morning
on 40. Was on and off Saturday and Sunday and condx not quite as good, but
still lots of stations to work - until Sunday afternoon.

This was the first time as HP with the new KPA500 and matching tuner --
definitely made a difference and have to admit it was more fun.  Also first
time with new 80M dipole that worked great.  Best news is that the Z100B1
filter from Westek arrived just before the contest and it cured my DSL modem
RFI problems on 80 and 160! Tnx to K9YC for the recommendation.

K3/100, KPA500, N1MM, DB18E (10-40), OCF dipole (80) and MA-160V (160)

73, Rock