[3830] ARRLDX CW VE7JH(@VE7UF) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 17 23:20:17 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Courtenay, BC

   20:  907   116
Total: 2158   422  Total Score = 2,732,028

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This score is an estimate, it still includes the domestic QSOs and dupes.

My first ever "big boy" contest (48 hours, single-op from a contest station).
I enjoyed the hospitality of Duane, VE7UF and the use of his station.
The station was configured for multi-multi operation with four operating
positions, so QSY-ing was just a matter of rolling a few feet to the next
radio.

My pessimism probably cost a few contacts as I was trying to amass multipliers
on Saturday fearing that there is no way we could have good conditions on
Sunday with these dismal solar flux and A indeces.

While virtually non on 80m and 10m, both 40m and 20m yielded sustained openings
to Europe.

Our Japanese friends did an excellent showing as always, almost exactly 1/3 of
my QSOs (726) were with them.

Great activity from the VK/ZL/Pacific and Central/South America gave the usual
abundant activity from many diverse countries. The 37 African contacts also
helped boosting the score.

Thanks to my host for the turnkey operation (and for quickly fixing the relay
that I smoked in the amp) and thanks to all the stations around the world that
come out to play with us Canadians and Americans every year.

73,
Gabor, VE7JH