[3830] ARRLDX CW NH2T(N2NL) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 00:52:48 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NH2T
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Guam

Total: 1722   256  Total Score = 1,277,184

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Part time effort with a goal of making noise on all the bands as much as
possible to hand out the KH2 mult.  We only get about 24 hours total of
worthwhile propagation stateside.  I decided to knock out other projects when
the JA to W caller ratio exceeded 5:1.

I spent Sunday afternoon in the rain fixing a broken top loading wire on the
160/80m vertical.  Glad I did because conditions on the low bands were
significantly better the 2nd night.  10m was much better the 2nd day also; the
disturbance hit right at prime time the 1st day which killed the band as soon
as it opened to this part of the world.

Sorry for stumbling over the paddle on 10m today; I am the port engineer for a
cutter currently in dry dock and was texting through the morning while work
continues.  Even with one radio I don't come close to the SO2R+T skills of
N6MJ.  This project will be in a critical phase during the ARRL DX SSB weekend
however I'll try to break away for a few hours if possible.

I recently received orders for a one-year extension here on Guam, until the
summer of 2014.  I hope to be active for one more contest season as NH2T before
the Coast Guard moves me on to new adventures.

73, Dave KH2/N2NL