[3830] ARRLDX CW N1IX SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 05:41:04 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1IX
Operator(s): N1IX
Station: N1IX

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: NH

  160:    0     0
Total: 1013   282  Total Score = 856,998

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first attempt at a major contest using QRP power. It is really
amazing what can be done with five watts and a good antenna. I had no idea what
to expect when I started the contest. My initial goal was 500 Q's. I soon
changed that to 850 and then 1000. I was very surprised that I was able to hold
a run frequency relatively low in the band. Although, I was eventually squashed
by a stronger station.
Some of the hi-lites were calls by JT5DX and EY8MM, working all the JA's on 20
Saturday evening, being asked to go to 160 by PJ4X and getting KH6LC on five
bands.
The lo-light was napping through half of the 10 meter opening on Sunday
morning.
Also, no antenna for 160. My inverted "L" was damaged in the recent blizzard.

Radio: K3/10
Antennas: SteppIR DB-18 and OCF dipole.