[3830] ARRLDX CW 3V8BB(KF5EYY) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 06:16:13 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: 3V8BB
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8BB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Tunis
Operating Time (hrs): 32:19

Total: 3133   267  Total Score = 2,508,732

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

The contest started very well on my side with 100+Q/h on 40 and 80 (which was
very noisy).

>From 7z to 12z, I was jobless after 40m closure. 20m opened late towards W/VE
and I only could start real runs after 12z. In the meantime, I went to walk
around and take some fresh air. I was surprised seeing 20m antenna beaming to
east, I remember I pointed them all to W/WE before the contest start. I went
back to shack, examined the rotor control unit: the antenna is stuck to East!
No chance to go up and repair; I'm not so courageous and I fear heights!
Fortunately, the Pro-67 is there with its 3 Elements for 20.

I spent few time on 20 then quickly moved to 15. I stayed there for more than 2
hours as I never imagined 10m would be open. I QSYed to 10 at 15z to realized
how wrong I was! No problem, there's still a lot to grab! Pile-ups were
tremendous and I made my best CW Rate ever; 183 QSOs in 1 hour!

The bands close very early, I went back to 15 at 17z then to 20. Bands don’t
look to be in good shape!

At 22z I decided to take 1-hour nap to be ready for another low bands round. My
phone failed to wake me up, shame! I slept for 4 hours; fortunately, the couch
is not comfortable enough for more! 

Struggled to get some mults on the extremely noisy 160.
Conditions were much better on the high bands compared with Saturday. 10m was
wonderful, I made nice 100+ hour rates. Then, something strange started to
happen; tens of dupes sneak to my log! I really cannot explain what happened!
All together! “Hey guys, I didn’t lose my log to call me again!” That was
a bit frustrating and was slowing my rate and I decided not to put them in log
anymore.

Nevertheless, as always, I was thrilled working W/WE Stations; as if they’re
lined up in a queue and they come one by one! All stations can be worked; I do
have some QRP stations in the log! Thank you for the extremely professional
operating behavior!

I intend to upload the audio recording after the log submission deadline
“insh-Allah”.

Congratulations to all stations and the winners and hope to see you in the next
contest!

 - Paths range from 6000 to 11000km.
 - Six Bands Stations: K1FWE, K1LZ, K3LR, N3RR, N8DE, NQ4I, NY4A, VE3JM, W3LPL,
W5RU, WK1Q
 - Not worked mults: YT, NT, NU

QSL: LotW, LX1NO or Direct via QRZ.com

73