[3830] ARRLDX CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 10:15:22 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): KN5O K1DW NO5W W5RY W3GW W5XU
Station: KN5O

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Covington, LA

   20:  834   101
   15: 1201   105
Total: 3698   606  Total Score = 5,596,410

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

The weather cooperated for us this year compared to last year's storms.  No
equipment issues, unlike last year's problems with N1MM.  Finally had enough
operators to go the distance and man both positions full time.

I cannot say enough about the efforts that our operators put in this year.
Chuck, NO5W, has been a great addition to our contest efforts since moving back
to New Orleans last year (glad we could steal him from the NR5M operating
crew!).  Also, having Joe, W3GW, now near us in St. Francisville, LA, is
another terrific operator and more importantly, willing to help me with the
unwanted graveyard shift.

We missed getting Dave, W5XU, in for only a few hours do to other committments,
but is another welcome addition to the crew and with his upcoming move to
Covington, will hopefully be a stable for our contest efforts.

Greg, W5RY, plans to retire this year - finally!  So hopefully he will be able
to pitch in more with our contest efforts as well and in addition, is looking
to move to our area!

Hopefully this year I can make some futher improvements to the station.  I need
to focus on reducing cross band interference, as well as improving some of my
antennas where I can.  It will start with clearing my back acre of property and
hopefully will be able to install a new tower, as well as erect a 160M vertical
phased array.  Also hope to move the 80M array to a 4-square and replace the
Moseley PRO67C3 with most likely a SteppIR DB-36.

Anyway, we all had a good time.  Lots of good food and many thanks to my XYL
for putting up with all of us for this weekend.  And thanks to all of you for
all the Qs!  Congratualtions to all the winners.

73,
Ted
KN5O for Team W5RU - (K1DW, NO5W, W5RY, W3GW, W5XU and KN5O)