[3830] ARRLDX CW N3RS M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 11:08:59 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3AD, N3NA, N3RD, N3RS, W3FV, W8FJ
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: PA

   40: 1642   113
   20: 1623   114
   15: 1632   121
   10:  775   103
-------------------
Total: 6732   602  Total Score = 12,143,544

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

A truly fun weekend, despite the rain/snow static on Friday night and the loss
of one of our ops to the ER for 3/4 of the contest.  Thankfully, he seems OK
and even returned to help out on Sunday afternoon.  My thanks to Alan, N3AD,
and Nick, N3NA, for joining us at the last minute to make it possible to enter
the M/2 class.  Conditions were fair to good overall, with Sunday providing a
good 10M opening to Europe.  A few unusual skew path openings were also
evident.

Band assignments were quite flexible this year, as we were not fully manned for
much of the weekend.  160M was handled primarilly by N3RD, 80M by N3RS, 40M by
W8FJ & N3AD, 15M by N3RD and 10 M by several of us on Saturday and N3RS on
Sunday.  Virtually every op made QSOs on all bands.  We finally passed a few
multipliers, which is a work in progress for us.  Hats off to the team for
being flexible, as well as so talented.

No equipment problems this time and the N1MM Logger software improvements by
the marvelous N1MM development team made the old computers here play very well.
 No more keying delays and no crashes.  The competition was fantastic and the
number of 5W stations in the log extraordinary.  Thanks to all who called in.
Lastly, thanks to my wife, Maryann, who puts up with our home invasion time
after time and never complains.  She also serves all the meals, which are
always quite tasty & healthy.

See you all in the next one.

73 de Sig, N3RS