[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3JM M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 12:43:37 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3JM
Operator(s): VE3AAQ, VE3EY, VE3JM
Station: VE3JM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:

   40: 1145   102
   20: 1746   121
   15: 1387   118
Total: 5641   586  Total Score = 9,879,960

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

It was nice to host two very good and serious operators for our multi-two effort
from my contest location. At times it felt a bit of a stretch to do multi-two
with only three operators, but we managed to man both radios throughout the
contest. At least nobody can complain that there was not enough operating.

We are pleased with the score, considering that we are very close to the top
multi-two scores south of the border. We beat our targets of 500 mults and
4500-5000 QSOs, and doubled the current Canadian record from 2004 at VE3RM.

The station is in development and it was good to get some feedback from Dave
and Nick about what was performing well and where certain improvements are
needed. The low band antennas were performing reasonably well towards Europe,
but more gain would help for other directions. Apparently, better antennas are
needed for 10 as well. We did not experience any major technical issues.

Thanks for a great weekend.
73,

Vlad VE3JM

Equipment:
R1: K3, Alpha 8410
R2: K3, AL-1200

Antennas:
160: full size vertical - wire hanging from the big tower
80: 50' T vertical
40: XM240 @ 80'
20: 4/4 @ 160/110', top beam rotatable
15: 5/5/5 @  165/123/79', top antenna rotatable
10: Skyhawk tribander @ 72', also used for mults on 15 and 20.
RX: Beverage 600' long, NE/SW switchable, available to both stations