[3830] ARRLDX CW KL2R(N1TX) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 13:22:42 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL2R
Operator(s): N1TX
Station: KL2R

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: KL

  160:    2     2
Total: 1423   185  Total Score = 788,100

Oh, the AGONY!  The sun dished out some rough waters during the last 24 hours.
After a great start, I had hoped I was on track to exceed my personal best from
2012.  That soon vaporized from my mind when I compared the logs from the first
24 hours.  A serious lack of multipliers on 10m scuttled that idea.

The propagation shifted lower, though, and I was pleased with the 40m results.
I had to enlist a second amp for that band, because the ACOM 1010 is far more
tolerant of the mismatch on the dipole than the Alpha 89.

Fun?  Kind of.  And I know the solar cycle is all down hill from here. :-(