[3830] ARRLDX CW KL8DX SOSB/15 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 14:46:26 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 13h 1m

Total:  568    53  Total Score = 90,312

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Decided to do a 15 meter SO/SB entry on this rather than my
continued 20 meter SO/SB from previous years. The solar flare
put the damper on any great numbers for Sunday. Saturday
started out slow but picked up later in the day nicely. When
it came to Sunday, my longest CQ between QSO's was 27 minutes!
Rough to say the least.

SOAPBOX

A little more than annoyed at what seems to be more folks
just landing on a frequency and calling CQ without as much
as a "QRL" or ?? to see if the frequency was in use. I was
chased off my run frequency on more occasions by this poor,
what seems to be, growing practice.

OFF SOAPBOX

Lots of great friends encountered and lots of great DX heard
that I obviously could not work, being DX myself. Saturday
picked up in the afternoon and 15 meters sounded like a typical
contest weekend, wall to wall signals, stretching pretty high
up the band. I missed DC, WV, SD for lower 48 and as normal, I
only got a handful of VE sections missing, NS, NF, LB, QC, NT,
YT and NU. I was extremely excited to have W3MLK (DE),
VY2OX (PEI) and N7NG (WY) call in for final stretch mults!

If they were all easy, it wouldn't be contesting!

Thanks for the QSO's!

73,
Phil KL8DX
Denali National Park, Alaska