[3830] ARRLDX CW VE5KS SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 22:50:23 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE5KS
Operator(s): VE5KS
Station: VE5KS

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: SK
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    4     4
Total:  414   176  Total Score = 218,592

Had a lot of fun, but it was a lot of work. Most of the sigs from europe had a
lot of auroral flutter on 40, 20 and 15 mtrs.
I was very pleased with the score even though all I did was S&P. I did try to
do some running but with the flutter it was just too difficult.
I spent most of my time listening over and over until I was sure of the
callsign and report before I called. It cut down on the QSO rate but I wanted
to be as accurate as possible.
I worked most of the stations that I could hear but I could not get through to
several that I really wanted to work (9V1YC and E21EIC).
More than happy to QSY when asked to do so, but only missed a couple of them
because of a lack of propagation.
The highlights for me was working europe on 40 metres and on 10. For me it has
been over a year since I last worked europe on 10 metres.

Will see you in the next contest.
73 John

Rig: Kenwood TS 140S
Ant: Cushcraft A3S @ 40 ft, inverted Vee G5RV for 40 and 80.