[3830] ARRLDX CW CE1/K7CA SOSB/20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 19 08:00:40 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: CE1/K7CA
Operator(s): CE1/K7CA
Station: CE1/K7CA

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Chile

   20: 1619    58
Total: 1619    58  Total Score = 281,706

First time trying 20m single band in this contest.  Not nearly as many qsos as
on 15m or 10m but lots of fun anyway.  I didn't operate during most of the
daylight hours as I was getting called by more DX than Stateside. Quite often
after a cq I would put USA PSE.  It seemed like 20m was open to most of the
world most of the time from here.  I like this contest because the pileups are
usually very well behaved.  If I catch a W5 in the pile and ask W5? quite often
only the W5 would come back.  With EU piles when I would ask, for example, UA3?,
I would still get half the pile answering.  Maybe they are not able to hear me
as well; I just don't know.  This is especially important now that so many are
using the internet spotting network for changing frequency automatically so
everyone is zero beat.  My last state was ID and the last VE mult worked was
VY2TT in PEI.  Now that I've worked 10m, 15m, and 20m single band in this
contest next year I'll try a 40m operation.  Thanks to all for the qsos.  Next
weekend I'll operate a few hours in the CQ 160m SSB contest to give out the CE
mult. 73, AL CE1/K7CA