[3830] ARRLDX CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 19 14:28:29 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI

   40: 1073    94
   20: 1388    94
   15: 1025    95
Total: 4726   498  Total Score = 7,060,644

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

It helped that VY2ZM wasn't on for this one, making me the only very active PEI
mult. I was asked to move more than I remember in the past. Made them all too.
I moved more mults than usual also.

Everything worked well. I had two very brief power outages that turned off the
amp and shack light, but the backup UPS kept the computer and K3's going. It
started to really blow snow Sunday afternoon, giving a lot of static on the top
antennas, so I had to use the lower ones for a while. But, overall, I don't know
how I could do any better in this contest.

20m was open to EU almost all Friday night. When the switch was turned on 15m
Saturday morning, it was amazing. I had my first 200 hour in ARRL CW. It seemed
like the pileups were thinner and better behaved making for better rate. 10m
didn't open as well Saturday as on Sunday.

The entire contest it seemed like every time it looked like things were going
to really slow down, I found good rate on another band.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT