[3830] ARRLDX CW DK6XZ(E77XZ) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 19 18:28:09 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: DK6XZ
Operator(s): E77XZ
Station: DJ7WW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JO42of

   40: 1017    56
Total: 2815   277  Total Score = 2,335,110

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Only thanks a great support of my teammates Peter DJ7WW and Win DK9IP this entry
was possible. Win helped providing a car full of equippment I brought up to the
north of Germany, near Hannover and Peter was willing to share his station and
a great antenna system with me on this weekend. Both fivering with me and
firing me up. Thanks guys! I did best of my possible...

Two days prior the contest we climbed the 45 mh tower, up to 38m, to turn
mechanically Uda-Yagis for 40 (3L) and 10 (7L) direction 300 deg. A weeks
before the rotator broke up. The SO2R with 2xK3 station was well running
already on Wednesday evening. Next two days I spent then in EU capital for
business. Peter have repaired some issue on the OM PA at Friday evening, short
before start. The night was nothing spectacular: Only 3 hours with rates over
120. Tho most happens on 40; could not get any runs on 80. 160 was great at the
gray line.

Saturday afternoon disturbed ionosphere was felt everywhere. Distorted and weak
signals. 10 showed up just a bit. At least 20 worked than for two hours well, 18
and 19z, with rates 135 each. The night was disappointing, then still nothing
serious was to get on 80. Have tryed everything. 160 absolutely nihil. But, I
love 40!

>From the begin on, hour after hour, watched at cqcontest.ru how OE3K, 9A6XX &
DL6FBL extend their advantage to us. Sunday morning finally Manfred DJ5MW told
me to have at that moment some 500 QSO more too. Peter and me assumed that
Aurora might be the reason for that (A=18) and our southern friends have simply
got an advantage through better propagation path and skip. But, what was
happening with 80?

On Sunday afternoon I preferred "somehow" the bed in hotel than openings on the
high bands :). At the whole weekend then totally missing 3,5 hours would not
have generated more than additional 300 QSO on this score. Daily propagation
were however by far better on the second day, highlighting in two hours 130+ on
10m (15/16z).

Kindly thanks to many willing to QSY for a new band multi! Unfortunatelly, most
did not have the other antenna or simply were entering single band. A great fun
however was for me playing with second radio most of the time. Equipment worked
flawlessly. So the antennas at DJ7WW:

160 - Top loaded vertical, 45m tower with 1 elevated radial at 21m
80 - 1/4 WL GP with 100 radials
40 - 3 el. Yagi at 38m
20 - 5/5/5 Yagi at 44/31/15m (14m boom)
15 - 6/6 Yagi at 25/15m (11m boom)
10 - 7 el OWA at 41m (15m boom)
RX - 200m BiDi Beverage

Very remarkable result of DL5AXX with dipoles and Spiderbeam. Despite his
hiltop location. Congratulations to Baltic Bear of Obosnik, and chapeau! to
Hrle & Ben. Sorry for Braco being visited by Marphy. Valery, how about you?

Thanks all for a fun weekend!

73 Suad DK6XZ aka E77XZ

P.S. See you in SSB leg from one of the big Balkan stations...