[3830] ARRLDX CW ET3AA(K4ZW) SOSB/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Feb 20 09:15:10 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ET3AA
Operator(s): K4ZW
Station: ET3AA

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:   3      3
   15:  96     30
   10:   6      5
-------------------
Total:  96     30  Total Score = 8,640

Arrived in Addis Ababa last Saturday night.  Got to the station a little later
than anticipated on Sunday.  I'm not sure the rig in the club station has been
used on CW before so I had to make some programming changes, on a radio I
wasn't familiar with.  Then I discovered the key jack was 1/8" vice 1/4" that I
had.  Luckily one of the students found an old cable with a 1/8" male plug.
That, a little electrical tape, and I was in business.

I took QSY requests as I am usually the one asking a station to move to another
band, so it only seemed fair.  After about 2 hours we went out for pizza and
that was the end of the operation.

Ken K4ZW