[3830] NAQP RTTY NG7Z Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 24 16:30:39 EST 2013

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA

Total:  392   137  Total Score = 53,704

Club:

Team: Marks in Space

Comments:

I'm afraid I ran out of gas around 8pm. My hip is still recovering and it
still gets sore after sitting so long. I got about 6.5 hours total. After
doing so well in the CW portion, I was sure I could manage 10 hours but alas
it wasn't to be. A big part of the problem is that I'm completely off of
pain meds. I dislike them intensely.
I started out on 15M because 20M was a complete zoo with stations packed so
closely together. So that allowed me to pick up mults on 10M and 20M on the
second radio while running on 15M. Around 2:30 local, I found a spot on 20M
to run and picked up a lot of mults while looking for missed mults on 15M of
the second radio. Switched to 40M at 4:30 on the main rig and S&P for a
while looking for a spot to run. Once I found a spot I CQ'd with good
results while picking up mults on 20M on the second radio. But, alas, by 8pm
I was just exhausted and very sleepy. Called it quits with 392 Q's, 137
mults for a total score of 53704.
73 Paul NG7Z