[3830] CQ160 SSB SE0X(SM0MDG) Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 24 18:46:17 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: SE0X
Operator(s): SM0MDG
Station: SE0X

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Stockholm

Total:  QSOs = 523  State/Prov = 3  Countries = 48  Total Score = 135,150

CQ160 SSB is challenging and fun. I was running the contest via remote and to
make things even more interesting I discovered right after start that I had a
RF feedback problem affecting my IP link. Reducing the power would keep the
link alive so most of the contest was done using around 300 watt.

A few DX where received here, but it was hard to cut through the QRM with
reduced power. I got lucky with VY2ZM, K3ZM, W3LL, KP4KE, ZF2AM and a few
AS/AF, but in the end the log is mostly EU.

Sadly some gentlemen do not approve of SSB spreading out over the band in CQ160
and on several occasions I (and others) experienced deliberate QRM bursts of
dits and dashes. Fortunately my auto notch dealt with this nuisance
efficiently.

At the end I reached my goals which where set at 500 contacts and 127k points,
so I am happy with the result.