[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3VZ Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 25 16:37:48 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE3VZ
Operator(s): VE3VZ
Station: VE3VZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Hamilton ON
Operating Time (hrs): 14 Hrs

Total:  QSOs = 259  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 6  Total Score = 60,564

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well like usual I had big ideas but no luck. I finally got my inverted L
resonant, up about 40 ft, and put out about 8 radials in the snow. I was happy.
But I could not run high power as a local contester told me I was splattering
all over the band. so I had to run 100 W like last year. So I was not getting a
lot of q's when I looked up at the monitor and I had fallen asleep. I shut down
and went home to sleep. At least I only started 8 min late this year. Next
night I stayed longer. just enough to match last years score. It was nice to
work the 100 watt stations. Did not work much on the west coast and only
Caribbean countries. Thanks to all the ops who dug me out of the mud.
Don VE3VZ