[3830] CQ160 SSB W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 25 17:33:12 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: ma

Total:  QSOs = 458  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 30  Total Score = 97,650

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Tried to get myself into an SSB mood, with the ARRL DX SSB coming up next
weekend.  Difficult to do, as 160M SSB, as compared to 160M CW, is a drag.
Lost probably 40 Qs due to not being able to pull the calls out of the noise;
some of those, I'm sure, called in later, but some probably didn't.  I felt
like such an alligator!  4-square array is still down from the recent storm, so
I was relegated to a single vertical element of the array.  It worked, but I
missed being loud into Europe.

Anyway, a bad day at the radio still beats a good day doing almost anything
else.  Thanks to all for the Qs, and to Greg W1KM for the use of his station
remotely.

Dennis W1UE