[3830] NCQP WK4P SO Mixed QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 25 21:26:41 EST 2013

                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: WK4P
Operator(s): WK4P
Station: WK4P

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: Ashe

   80:   19     32
   40:   33     88
   20:   18     11
--------------------
Total:   70    131  Mults = 91  Total Score = 43,252

Club: Appalachian Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to everyone for copying my little signal from the NW corner of NC.

Spent Friday and Saturday sick as a dog and had decided not to work the NCQP
this year and try to recover.  Didn't get up until 9:59 on Sunday morning and
after talking to my wife decided to make a few contacts while she fixed
breakfast.  That turned into an hour.  After quickly eating b'fast I got back
into the frey and just couldn't tear myself away.

Ran 5 watts into a bent Mosley TA34 with 40 meter kit and a 360 ft long dipole
which I found out today had one side of the ladder line broken.  So let's see;
a sick, blind hillbilly, who admittedly is not a good CW op, running 5 watts
into 2 damaged antennas, it's a wonder anyone heard me.  But I had fun and made
a few contacts.

I think I'll turn up the drive and flip on the amp next weekend!