[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K6VVA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jan 4 02:20:53 EST 2013

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 4

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   6      2
   80:  11      7
   40:  21     15
   20:   8      7
Total:  46     31  Total Score = 1,426

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

More rusty than W4NZ, as I think the only in-between-ladders NS I did was last
month as C6AVA from IOTA NA-054.  I figured out why I thought *that* night was
the start of a new ladder... I had looked at an old NSL sked or something.

BEFORE I FORGET (and especially for the NS Newbies: NCJ Subscriptions or
Renewals are Category Awards!!!)... this year's Annual LQP (Locust QSO Party)
is Wednesday Night (USA Time), January 16th.  I'm a bit tardy in uploading the
rules, but the should be up by Monday the 7th at:

http://www.k6vva.com/lqp

Reading Mr. DanWAHHHH's post explained why he was so friggin' w-e-a-k here
tonight.  I had suspicions about QRP, and I was right!  OTOH, Mr. Mork was
louder than normal with his Weenie Watts.  DanMN was just a tad below normal.

It boggles my mind that I never heard Mr. Booga, ToddSD, Howie or some of the
NS/NSL Regulars even once.  Strange but true.  BobKS and his good ears was
really rippin' along tonight.

Regarding the SPREAD OUT ISSUE... yes, a few more folks dipped their toes into
the waters below 040, but Gheeeeez, 040 to 042 was the worst rat's nest on 40m
I've ever heard in an NS or NSL.  I wasted a total of about 3 minutes CQ'ing at
different times below 040 with no replies ;-0(

On a different front, I had an Excorcism (my term) on Tuesday of a weird thing
I'd never heard of ... a "Neuorma", that was causing a lot of painful moments
for the last two weeks of December and until Tuesday when the Doc used his very
sharp knife thing-a-ma-mob.  Part of my neck now looks like FRANKENSTEIN with
the stitches.  Hopefully the results from the lab tests on that ugly sucker he
cut out won't be alarming.  If no complications by next Tuesday, then I'll
proceed as scheduled and return to play as C6AVA (but this time to Bimini -
IOTA NA-048), and give you folks an extra Mult in the NSL Ladder XVI next week.
 I also hope to be QRV in the NAQP.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust (a/k/a C6AVA)

We had enough sunshine the past few days to get some juice in the remote
batteries on Locust Peak, but after weeks away, I felt like a deer in the
headlights.  20m was really punk, but some folks were also loud.