[3830] RTTY Roundup K2PO/7 Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 6 20:30:48 EST 2013

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K2PO/7
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO/7

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Newberg, OR

Total: 1134  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 64  Total Score = 138,348

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My first serious entry in this contest, but BIC time was interrupted by a 2.5
hour other commitment towards the end of the contest.

I had completed WAS by time of my sleep break, but I didn't get DC in the log
until Sunday (thanks K2PS).

I set up a new computer for this contest - my first with Windows 7.  I
neglected to read any instructions (...) and installed MMTTY in the location
Windows suggested.

The software misbehaved throughout - switching ports, locking-up, sending
unmodulated carriers, etc., etc.  Only after the contest did I look at AA5AU's
extensive tutorial on setting up MMTTY, which states - in the second sentence -
"if you are running Vista or Windows 7, you will need to install MMTTY in a
location other than the default location ..."  Duh.

Thanks to all,

/Bill, K2PO
Oregon