[3830] RTTY Roundup W4NF M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 7 13:31:12 EST 2013

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA

Total:  129  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 18  Total Score = 6,966

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I just had Total Knee Replacement Surgery (left knee) on Monday and was released
from the hospital on Wednesday morning.  I didn't think that I would be able to
get on for the contest but I was getting very bored with icing my new knee and
doing my Phyical Therapy exercises so on Saturday morning I came down into the
shack to see if I could get the station ready for the contest.

I had recently upgraded to a new computer for the shack so I didn't even have
MMTTY or EXTFSK loaded on the computer yet.  So I downloaded the programs and
then hooked up the MicroHAM USB II to the computer.  After figuring out that I
first had to open MMTTY, then N1MM I finally was diddling again.

I operated for a few short periods and made some Qs.  I'll be in much better
shape by the end of the month for the CQWW 160 CW contest so I'll CU all then.

Thanks for the Qs and 73, Jack W4NF