[3830] RTTY Roundup W4PK Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 7 19:02:00 EST 2013

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total: 1269  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 64  Total Score = 153,549

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Part-time effort as I had a church commitment Sunday morning.  I had my best
rate ever on Sunday morning with 139/hour, but that came to an end when I had
to QRT for 4 hours for church.  I use SO2R, and I was able to run with both
radios on Sunday morning.  But in the afternoon things slowed way down and I
either ended up running with one radio and S&Ping with the other one, or just
S&Ping with both radios.

Again I note many stations do not add spaces before and/or after the call
signs.  This results in either N4KWXYSC..when they are answering my CQ, or in
the case when the other station is running I may get characters in front of
W4PK in the initial confirming string.  I always assume that they have my call
correct but sometimes I am not so sure.  One more thing that I noted that quite
a few stations are still sending CRLF at the end of their strings.  This makes
it difficult chasing down either the serial number or the state/province when
the display jumps up.  And of course I had the usual number of dupes this
year.

My Internet service has been very erratic for the past couple of weeks.  It
just came back, again, and my provider has assured me once again that they have
their problems fixed.  This is a WI-FI service from a mountain top a couple of
miles away, and it has been pretty reliable up until a couple of weeks ago.
Verizon has chosen to not provide Internet service to our part of the county,
and I gave up on HughesNet about a year ago due to very poor service.  The
WI-FI technician tells me they had to replace a switch at the mountain top.  We
shall see.

I had fun, and thanks for all the QSOs!

73, Sam W4PK