[3830] ARRL 10 TI5/N2BA SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Jan 9 18:38:15 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: TI5/N2BA
Operator(s): N2BA, TI5KD, SPOTTING
Station: TI5/N2BA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Costa Rica

   CW: 1051   119
  SSB:  732    90
-------------------
Total: 1783   209  Total Score = 1,184,612

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My wife is Eve, N2GSG. Her dad turned 90 on Dec 7, the day before I headed to
Keko's place to work this contest. I thought I had plenty of time to submit my
logs after Christmas.

Eve's dad went in the hospital with pneumonia on Dec 24. They
pumped 2 liters of fluid out of his lungs and managed to get that
stabilized but he continued to deteriorate (he has chronic leukemia).
Ernst asked for there not to be life extending measures taken. He'd
just had his 90th birthday the day before I came down there. His
condition deteriorated and he was discharged into home hospice last
Thursday. He died Monday morning and today we had the funeral. I got
home and finally pulled out my laptop to submit my logs and discovered
that the deadline was 00:00 UTC Jan 9, not 23:59 UTC Jan 9. (In other
words, 00:00 is before Jan 9 even has a chance to start). I've never been close
to the deadline so I never thought about these things.

So I have been flagged as missing the deadline.

I've asked if they can give me some mercy, but in any event, when I
told Eve, she said, "Well, I guess we'll just have to go back again."

I wish I had better news.

73, and thanks for all the QSO's.