[3830] NAQP CW K5WA Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Jan 12 23:56:55 EST 2013

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas

Total: 1060   241  Total Score = 255,460

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: DFW Contest Group Sirius

Comments:

Wow, lots of activity but LOTS of thunderstorm QRN here in southeast Texas.  I
apologize to anyone I worked on 160 and 80 for making you repeat so many times
but it was tough sledding down here.  I knew I had to find mults on 80/160 and
had to stay there but it was very slow and I'm sure I'll lose some Qs due to
bad copy from QRN and old ears.

On the positive side, I'm getting closer to using SO2R correctly and all the
antennas seemed to play very well.  This is the best set-up for N1MM I've ever
had and it was lots of fun combing 2 bands.  Conditions on 40 went very long
early for me and that hurt but got some good mults.  I'm sure the really good
ops will have set some records on mults because there were lots to be had if
you were able to move them successfully.  I moved a few folks but most of the
moves were unsuccessful.  I may not know my conditions well enough since I only
get to operate during contests.

The most exciting mults for me were very late in the contest on 80 and 160.
W8AKS (WV) called on 160 and was kind enough to move to 80 as well.  I had only
worked one other WV and that was on 15.  The other exciting mult was KL7RA
calling in on 160 with a nice signal between thunder claps.  Very nice!

Conditions overall seemed very good and many VERY strong signals were pounding
in.  Glad I was in this one!

73,
Bob K5WA