[3830] NAQP CW KL7RA Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 13 08:51:21 EST 2013

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alaska

Total:  881   211  Total Score = 185,891

Club:

Team:

Comments:

With the new score data base by N2IC on the NCJ page I decided to go after the
Alaska state record of around 500Q's/150 mults. This seems low but the best I
have done is around 300 Q's running 100 watts and mostly that is by working JA
on 20 for no mults. The easy answer in the past is to just use the amp and dump
the log.

Conditions in my opinion were excellent for Alaska and ten meters exploded with
signals when it opened, followed by 15 meters. I had rate and actually could
follow the main contesting pack as they moved down the HF bands. 20 was packed
end to end of course so I couldn't hold a freq but still could S/P at 2 a min.
40 opened very early for us and it only got better at the end with S-9 plus
signals from stations running 100 watts however few NA contesters were active
by then. 80 and 160 was back to normal "CQ in my face" but the bands were very
busy and I could work about 2 out of 5 loud stations calling and tuning up/down
the bands for some mults.

Ten solid hours with "BIC" Butt In Chair, no breaks. Wife said she sat next to
me for 15 minutes and I never acknowledged her so she went back upstairs. She
thought I might want lunch but it looked like the radio had sucked my brains
out and I was glued to the monitor/keyboard. "Lunch?", no time for lunch in the
NAQP. 73 Rich KL7RA