[3830] NAQP CW AB3IC Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 13 12:00:45 EST 2013

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: AB3IC
Operator(s): AB3IC
Station: AB3IC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3:34

  160:   0      0
   80:   1      1
   40:  48     30
   20:  30     19
   15:   1      0
   10:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  81     51  Total Score = 4,131

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC 4

Comments:

I've been wanting to move my shack from my basement to my previous "Man-Cave."
We got a couple of kittens from the local animal shelter over a year ago and I
gave up the man-cave waiting for the kittens to grow up.  Well, they're grown
now, and they told me it would be ok to put the radio gear back in their room;
they'd be happy to share...

So, I guess from now on I'll be "AB3IC operating from the cat-house," hi hi...

It took me longer to move than I expected and it was after 4:00 PM that I
actually started.  Then the problems started.  I have a nice roll-top desk that
holds all the gear, and the computer tower fits nicely into its own cubby hole.
Unfortunately it doesn't have very good air circulation and the computer kept
overheating and shutting down - so it took me a bit longer to get that fixed.
My operating for the first hour was make 2-3 contacts, computer shuts down -
reset - make another 2-3 contacts.  I almost tossed in the towel, but I finally
got a temporary fix.  Permanent fix will be a new computer, but that will have
to wait for the ducats to build up.

In any case, all things considered - not too bad a contest and I get to work in
a cat-house....