[3830] NAQP CW W1NN Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 13 19:28:56 EST 2013

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

Total:  753   193  Total Score = 145,329

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team #1

Comments:

This contest just keeps getting better and better!  The fantastic score produced
by the W2FU team with over 600 stations worked on some bands shows how much
activity there is in this event.

This was another remote operation from Japan using my wire antennas back in
Ohio.  Most contacts were made on either a G5RV at about 45 feet or a 40 meter
dipole at about 50 feet.  As usual, the high bands were a struggle for me, with
a big pickup in rate after the QSY to 40.  I couldn't run at all on 10 and 15
and running on 20 produced very slow rates, so those bands were almost entirely
S&P.  I didn't look at the weather forecast for northern Ohio but static crashes
on 40 gave notice that 80 and 160 would be challenging.  But the underlying
conditions were fantastic on these bands and most signals were strong enough to
get through the QRN.  I was really surprised to be called by N6TR on 160 at a
fairly early hour.

Looking forward to the February CW Sprint.

73, Hal