[3830] NAQP SSB NN3W(@N4RV) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 20 01:28:35 EST 2013

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA

Total: 1473   225  Total Score = 331,425

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Team #2 (Die-Hards)

Comments:

Thanks to Jack Reichert N4RV for allowing me to invade his home this fine
Saturday.

Well, that was interesting.  10/15 was a massive fail owing to S9 powerline
noise which made all but the loudest stations inaudible.  I was told by an AL
station that he was calling me (backscatter) off and on, but weak signal
propagation wasn't going to make it this weekend.

Wound up overcompensating by going bananas on 20 meters which made up the QSO
deficit, but not the huge hole in multipliers.

40 was odd - didn't feel loud on that band.  80 was quite good for me and
didn't have any issues with pig farmers, jammers, or the usual cadre of
idiots.

160 was better than expected.

I don't think I've ever done the January SSB contest seriously, so this was
absolutely a learning experience.