[3830] NAQP SSB KK7PR(@K7ZS) M/2 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 20 12:52:16 EST 2013

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KK7PR
Operator(s): K7ZS,KT7E,N7BEF,KR7X,K7RIK,KE7AUB,KI7Y
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: OR

Total: 1259   201  Total Score = 253,059

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Another fun gathering of the 'sub club' of the WVDXC - the PDXRCC (Portland
Radio Contester Club) using our club call KK7PR (Portland Radio!)

Casual but Serious at the same time, we use this contest to get new guys in the
chair, and get a full exposure to contesting in an easy fun contest.  Good to
check out the station too of course.

>From the serious standpoint, we spent too much time on 10m, at the expense of
20m, but we had a chance to see a person operate in a contest for the FIRST
TIME so we stayed on 10.  This is what our group is all about - introducing
contesting on the unsuspecting!

40m just would NOT STOP!  The W6NL designed, K7ZSD built 40m Moxon @ 85 feet
just plays so nice!  Can't remember when 40m was far and away the best band for
us.

A fun day for all, thanks to Joe KT7E, Steve N7BEF, Jim KI7Y, Hank KR7X, Andy
KE7AUB (who created our 40m hole and held it for almost half of the contest!)
and Rick, K7RIK who has his first ride in the contest chair!

The station seems poised and ready for the big ones coming up - see you all
then!

73 Kevin K7ZS for KK7PR and the PDXRCC