[3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Jan 23 16:54:05 EST 2013

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4:26

  160:    7     6
Total:  137    58  Total Score = 7,946

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Brutal!  Weak sigs and lots of noise when I started Saturday night about 00Z.
Much harder to copy than I remember SS SSB.  A little quieter later, but it
sounded like I had no antenna on rcv.  Even vy nearby W3IUU and W4EE were not
as crushing as I would expect.  I spent a lot of my "on" time glancing thru the
manual and my notes to make sure I had the right filters selected in the TS-850.
 Still not sure, but I've been too busy since then to check it out.  I expect to
take a big hit in the log checking.  The computer monitor I use to post my
results died.  I had to acquire a replacement to send in my log.

Name "Alpha Romeo Tango" got a lot of "Thanks, Mart/Mark/Bart", but I was kind
enough to jump back in and try to correct them.