[3830] CQ160 CW N3QE Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 27 08:36:16 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 885  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 47  Total Score = 338,312

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, the openings both nights to EU were wonderful. Those 10 pointers really
start racking up the score. Did not find the holy grail of Alaska for WAS, and
notably SK and BC were missing among the mults too (and I had gotten them
easily last year and in other 160 contests earlier this year).

Lots of station improvements since the last year. Lots and lots of copper on
the ground for radials. AL-811H amp. K9AY loop. More than doubled Q's, and
amazingly I got SIX TIMES the score.

Did it assisted using reversebeacon spots, worked wonderfully. Did a fair
amount of running too (seemed much harder to find a run frequency second
night!). First night I did most of the EU by S&P, second night had a lot more
running while open to EU. Had dreams of doing SO2V when things slowed down
second night, but never got around to it.

Still a long way to go, but this gets me a little closer to 160M DXCC, thanks
everyone!