[3830] CQ160 CW WX3B Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 27 09:16:33 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 523  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 48  Total Score = 234,546

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a spectacular CHERRY PICK of 160 meters.  Got on at 1130pm Friday night
to what could best be described as the sound of a solid European opening...ON A
HIGH BAND!!!  E7DX, several UK stations and DR1A were so loud when they called
I laughed out loud, it just couldn't be possible.

The last time I experienced great EU runs on 160 was during that sunspot
minimum - and Friday evening sure had a similar feel.  Good conditions out west
as well, though I never did hear KL7RA.

On Saturday I spent a few minutes near our sunset then settled back in front of
the radio at about 1:30zulu and spent a few quality hours waiting for that good
EU sunrise propagation...and caught another good EU run and called it a night.

A very high excitement value per hour of operation in the perfect 7 hours on
160!

Heard an awful lot of PVRCers out in this one, and counted at least a
half-dozen serious entries - can't wait to see what was possible this year.

73,

Jim   WX3B