[3830] CQ160 CW K5KG Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 27 10:39:42 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): <14

Total:  QSOs = 639  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 39  Total Score = 212,800

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

What a difference a day makes!  Friday night/Saturday morning condx were
excellent. Signals were strong, but the QSO rate dropped significantly by
0900Z, and I was out of gas, so I went QRT for the night.

Started up again Saturday evening at 2200z, and the band seemed ok. However, as
the evening wore on band condx deteriorated. Solar flux dropped to 99, the A
index rose to 18, and K was 2.  I was able to work a some Europeans during
their sunrise.  After that, Stateside signals tailed off significantly so I
went QRT shortly after 0800Z. I had hoped to operater through sunrise, but that
didn't happen.

Best overall catch for me was 3V8BB, although he was never more than a whisper.
 Kudos to CE1/K7CA for his romping signal. I wonder what he is running!

Stn:
K3 + Acom 2000A
Inv-L
No rx antenna