[3830] CQ160 CW VE4VT Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 27 11:28:14 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 112  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 2  Total Score = 24,156

I am glad some folks had great conditions but they sure weren't here. Friday
night was better than Saturday by a far cry but Friday would be considered
poor.

The only DX worked were PJ2 and HK. FM5CD was booming in here Friday night but
he CQ'ed relentlessly in my face. Herb KV4FZ is normally a strong station with
fantastic ears but I only copied him momentarily before the QSB took him away.
Not a peep from Europe despite hearing the east coast and even midwest guys
running them like crazy.

Saturday night was like somethrough a major attenuating blanket over me. All
signals (not including the noise) were severely attenuated. A=18 and K=4 may
have had something to do with it.

A sloper for transmitting and magnmetic loop for receiving are not optimum for
160 but for us real estate challenged city dwellars, thats about the best we
can do.

On the positive side, while all you were all hguddle at the radios trying to
pull out the next bit o 160m dx, we enjoyed a fabulous display of the northern
lights on a crystal clear Winter night.

Ed