[3830] CQ160 CW WQ5L Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 27 13:16:26 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WQ5L
Operator(s): WQ5L
Station: WQ5L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 10:30

Total:  QSOs = 453  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 19  Total Score = 79,804

100W / inverted L / no RX ant

Nice quiet band all weekend. Went to bed early the first night having worked
quite a few in Carib/CA/SA but no transatlantic Qs besides CS2F. Second night
started out not so good (K index was high and it showed), slowly improved, and
then when I woke up from a nap around 0645Z the band had broken wide open.
Easily worked several loud western EU stations as the grey line swept through,
and then found no shortage of stateside Qs until I pooped out around 1015Z.
Lots of big signals from the west coast during that time, and I had KH6CC and
KH6LC both call in.

Mults --
USA: all except MT (never heard) and DC (heard)
Canada: NS PEI QC ON AB
DX: CE CT DL EI FM GM HC HI HK J7 KP2 KH6 ON PA PJ2 V3 XE

73,

-- Ray WQ5L