[3830] CQ160 CW VE9AA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 27 17:05:08 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 6:34

Total:  QSOs = 283  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 30  Total Score = 111,573

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

By far my most exciting QSO was with Nodir, EY8MM...found him (mostly) CQing and
working the odd DL or OK station.  PEaked up real loud just about the time my
electric fence QRN abated.  No NA stations calling at all. Wham ! In the
log.... I was pleased as punch.

Electric fence or HV line QRN was nearly s9 the first night.  Way up the band I
could use the NB to knock it down to s1 or less, but down in the band had the
AGC pumping like crazy, so I just checked the band off and on all w/e and hit
it when the QRN was low.  At times I used a dple @ 20' for receiving which was
slightly better--but not by much.

73 de Mike VE9AA
Inverted L, IC-746, 750w, N1MM