[3830] CQ160 CW N4DJ Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 27 17:47:46 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4DJ
Operator(s): N4DJ
Station: N4DJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 831  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 27  Total Score = 193,680

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I got my three beverages working just in time.  Great conditions Friday night. I
had good long runs. One was 5 hours averaging 59 plus QSOs per hour.  The most
fun was a run around 0700Z which included 25 Europeans plus KH6 in one hour!
Overall, working 83 10 point QSOs is a personal best for me, also my highest
number of QSOs in a 160 contest, but I ended with only 27 countries which was
not my best in a 160 test. With the conditions so good I should have tuned
around more, but running Europe on 160 was a dream for anyone like me who
remembers the Topband in 1964!

Rig: K3 driving Drake L7 at 700 watts
Transmitting antenna:  Inverted L driven element with half square reflector.
RX Antennas: Three Beverages (NE, W and S)

73,
Don
N4DJ