[3830] CQ160 CW VE1ZA Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 27 19:41:45 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Halifax

Total:  QSOs = 370  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 18  Total Score = 112,500

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I entered to give the NS mult and to see if the old TS-520S with 300Hz filters
could cope.  I did 80% of the contest with the TS-520S and then switched to the
FT1000 MkV.  Well friday night was bedlam, and conditions were good, but it was
too crowded, and I was tired so I packed it in after S&Ping 100Q's.
Interestingly there was a force field right at the Mississippi and had only a
handful of stations passed the great river.  I think I worked everyone in MD
and PA!!

Saturday night was good, and stayed up till about midnight (again the
Mississippi force field was working), hoping to wake up at 5AM.  Well, 5 AM
came and went, and only made it at 6:30--well it was just great and had a nice
run till about 8:00AM.  Worked past the Mississippi this time, but just could
not get all the mults.  The 5 call area was a black hole for me, except for TX.
 No OK, SD, or ND.  The best highlight was KH6LC calling during the
grayline!!--Thanks and made my day.

Thanks for the Q's everyone.  In the end, the 520 is a good Mult radio, but I
will have to stick with the 1000.

TS-520S
FT1000mkv
N1MM