[3830] CQ160 CW DL8ZAW Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 28 02:22:26 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DL8ZAW
Operator(s): DL8ZAW
Station: DL8ZAW

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: JO40nu

Total:  QSOs = 468  State/Prov = 14  Countries = 48  Total Score = 140,430

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Better than expected! Not a very high score, but my personal best. 10 times
higher compared to my entry last year. I've only a very low dipole, slooping
from 12m to 6m above ground, so I'm very happy that even some DX came back to
my calls.
Next year I hope to have the vertical project ready.

The only disadvantage was the noise generated by our own plasma TV. Over S9,
when it was switched on. Had some discussions with the XYL to convince her not
to watch TV in the evenings of the whole weekend. Oh boy, that was tough....
Maybe I should buy her some flowers? Or, better a new TV....

73 and thanks to all who come back to my calls!

Frank, DL8ZAW