[3830] CQ160 CW SN2M(SP2XF) Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 28 14:41:33 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: SN2M
Operator(s): SP2XF
Station: SP2XF

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: JO92PR

Total:  QSOs = 1291  State/Prov = 32  Countries = 62  Total Score = 680,278

TNX everybody for the call.

Setup:
IC 775, IC 765 + PA

Antennas: INV L with 64 radials + 164m horizontal delta loop. Home made power
splitter.
RX: 7 Beverage's 320-480m ; 1xK9AY n,s,w,e
That's about 3,5km of wire and more than 1,1km of coax...

Great fun, much better activity and propagation than last year. 124 QSO's
during 1st hour of the contest.

Lot's of "low band" work were done on the station since December, but still
lacking some extra dB's on TX side... Much better than in 2012, but sloping
wire from the tower is just not the same bussines as free standing vertical...
Calling rare DX multipliers like T6, VK, BA7, YC0... was a waste of time, only
62 countries in total. So my score bases mostly on good receiving system,
honestly I remember only few weak callers that I could not peak up at all.

Very surprising opening to North America on sunday morning, total 137 W/VE's in
the log, including AZ, MO, CO, NM and many other states that I had for first
time on Top Band. Also heard NH7O.

Band was very crowded and yes, I know, it's not easy to find a good frequency
for run, but it doesn't mean that starting CQing on someone's frequency is a
solution. In this case  HG5A was the worst situation I've experienced. I don't
know who is the operator of this club station but I do mention his call sign,
because last year happened excately the same!!

73's
Mac SP2XF (SN2M)