[3830] CQ160 CW K0RF Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 28 16:45:27 EST 2013

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): W0UA K0RF
Station: K0RF

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: co

Total:  QSOs = 1181  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 38  Total Score = 300,000

We did our usual thing. George did the running and I TRIED to work the mults.
Mostly had CQs in my face when calling EU.  I've never felt so weak.  Even the
East coast asked for repeats.  Finally when the band opened to EU for 45
minutes on Saturday night, my second station amp (Alpha 87A) crapped out, so we
had to give up the run and chase mults. Ten more EU countries heard us, but lots
didn't. Pretty dismal country count.
The strangest thing was that I couldn't hear any signals the second night until
after sunset.  The first night there was a band full of stations starting two
hours before sunset.  Oh well, that was the best we could do this time.  See
you next year.

73,

Chuck