[3830] IARU NI7R SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 14 14:49:14 EDT 2013

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NI7R
Operator(s): NI7R
Station: NI7R

Class: SO CW HP
QTH:

  160:
   80:   16             4       3
   40:  179            20      17
   20:  159            22      20
   15:   17             6       4
   10:
-------------------------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My original plan was to operate multi-single assisted by a skimmer, but when I
turned on the radio Saturday morning and heard the poor band conditions, I
decided to go SO HP CW. I operated mostly S&P, but I did get a couple of
runs going on 40 meters. In one run I had 41 Qs in 28 minutes, which is good
for me with my HOA limited antennas. My goal became to make 100K. It took me
until an hour before the contest ended, when 40 meters suddenly died. All I
heard was that woodpecker. The contest was fun, but as others have said, it
needed more participation.

K3, AL-811H, portable vertical antennas.