[3830] IARU KV8Q(@W8ERD) SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 14 16:12:47 EDT 2013

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KV8Q
Operator(s): KV8Q
Station: W8ERD

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: OH

  160:    11    0       2        2
   80:    94    0       6        8
   40:   409    0      24       36
   20:   348    0      27       34
   15:   197    0      14       25
   10:    39    0       5        5
-------------------------------------
Total:  1098    0      78      110  Total Score = 529,408

Club: DELARA Contest Team

Comments:

First of all, my thanks to Bob, W8ERD, and his wife, Judy, for allowing me
to operate from their home.  I was there last year for the same event and
they didn't even flinch when asked if I could come back this year.  Judy even
had coffee and a birthday cake for my wife when she came to pick me up.
They are very kind people.  Thanks also the the DELARA Contest Team.
As Bob and I were getting setup for the event, we found a rather serious,
show-stopping computer issue.  Bob put out an e-mail to the group and we
had plenty of suggestions and ideas.  Everything came together to allow me
another CW contest experience with aluminum at 80' for 40 through 10 meters
and real good antennas for 80 and 160.  Lot's better than my lil' G5RV.
After using the same setup last year, I did some analyzation on the log and
developed a plan.  It worked but Ol' Sol didn't really cooperate very much.
We had some decent E-skip on ten which helped the QSO total; but, DX
wasn't anything to speak of.  The basic plan was to be more aggressive and
it seemed to work.  I had some nice runs, especially on 40 meters at 0100Z.
What a thrill!!!  I am always willing to 'test' someone's BIG antenna farm.
Thanks for all of the Q's and I'll look for you all next year.  73  -  tom
KV8Q