[3830] IARU K9YC SO CW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 14 17:04:38 EDT 2013

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: SCV

  160:
   80:   25             5       3
   40:   86            13       6
   20:  158            22      20
   15:   64            16      13
   10:    4             1       3
-------------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I ran assisted, with the goal of boosting my DXCC QRP totals, so this will put
me in the M/S category. All S&P. I made a few SSB Qs, but quickly decided
it was a waste of time. Conditions are still pretty stinko, but I still managed
about two dozen Qs into EU on 20M, and even EA8 and PY on 40M. This brings my
QRP DXCC count up to 65. Worked all but two of the VK, ZL, UA0, and BA stations
that I could hear on 15, 20, and 40, also DU on 40. Guess that means the
antennas work.

Thanks to all the great ops who pulled me out of the noise.