[3830] NAQP RTTY VA7ST Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 21 02:10:48 EDT 2013

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC

   80:    9     7
Total:  330   111  Total Score = 36,930

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Blech. That wasn't very good. 6th best July NAQP for me, and it felt worse than
that. Bands were terrible here, especially 80M. Went there for most of the
final hour (9 Qs) and could hear quite a few more than I was able to work,
missing some good mults.

Ran the second radio with a vertical driven element from a Mosley Classic 33
hanging from an elm tree, bottom tip about 4' off the group. Didn't work very
well at all, but made about 40 extra Qs and several mults that I wouldn't have
had otherwise. Was best on 20M after dark -- I guess only when the band had
thinned out enough that such a weak signal could be heard.

Found KD4POJ on 40M near the very end for a very welcome ND. Only Dan K7IA
worked from NM, and that was on 40M.

15M was better than last year, at least.

Thanks to all for the contacts.

-- Bud VA7ST